62 Main Street
Salisbury, CT 06068
Historic American Buildings Survey Inventory
Name: Currie House
Date: ca. 1880
Style: Colonial Adaptation
Builder: Nathan L. Daniels
This house was built circa 1880 by Nathan L. Daniels a well-known local carpenter on land which was oringinally part of Stiles Meadow but was then owned by Robert and Sarah Ball. They sold the property to Mrs. Jane H. Clark from whom it passed to Jennie Clark, Reverend John Calvin Goddard, and Miss Elizabeth Anderson. John A. Currie purchased it from Miss Anderson's estate.
While the house it not notable for its architecture it has a pleasant character which contributes to the New England village atmosphere of the Main Street.
Click on red locater symbol for directions in Google Maps Click on + or - symbol to enlarge map